The Domain Name Is On Sale At Sedo
Many Marketing Consultants probably received an e-mail message from H Syed, who is selling the domain, MarketingConsultants.com, on Sedo. At the time of writing, the auction still has about three days to run. The current bid for MarketingConsultants.com is at $9,100.
Although the message came unbidden, I found it excellent. The owner has some strong arguments as to why I and other Marketing Consultants should be interested:
- MarketingConsultants.com caters to a highly lucrative niche – Offline & Online Marketing.
- There are 612 Pay-per-click Sponsors for the term “Marketing Consultants” on Google
- Pay per click rate for “Marketing Consultants” is $3.00-4.72 at Google Adwords!
- This premium domain will bring instant brand recognition!
- MarketingConsultants.com would bring authenticity and trustworthiness to any Marketing Consultancy or Marketing service business.
- 10 Year Old Domains, which are authority aged, will easily get top ranks in Search engines.
- Sub-domains can be used for high search engine rankings. For example, if the new
owner creates sub-domain Internet.MarketingConsultants.com, then the site is most
likely to top search engines for the term “internet marketing consultant”.
- The domain MarketingConsultants.com is concise and to the point & it would describe the site business very well.
If I believed in the power of the domain, I would certainly find the arguments persuasive. However Google is a dominant influence in the online marketplace. For some time, many people already have been doing a Google search to find a domain, rather than typing in the domain. Now we have the new browser, Chrome, from Google that has only one field, the OmniSearch box, to direct where you are going. This may make the value of a domain even lower.
As we have noted before, the important factor is to own the keyword or keyword phrase on the Internet. That means being high in the rankings in appropriate Google keyword searches. Currently in a search for Marketing consultants, SMM is at number three. Since this is only one of the many keyword phrases that we wish to be visible for, buying a domain is not a high priority for us. Perhaps other marketing consultants who are having more difficulty in getting online visibility may find it worth their while buying MarketingConsultants.com. We certainly wish H. Syed well in the search for a suitable buyer. The domain name, MarketingConsultants.com, has a great deal of merit.
[Update as of September 17, 2008 18:00 hr PST] The auction is now over and the MarketingConsultants.com domain was acquired by the second bidder for $ 9,200 USD. I presume we will know in due course who that bidder was as the domain becomes more visible.
- Domain Names: the ultimate “vanity plates”
- SWOT That Company Name
- For More Sales, Should Your Domain Name Be Monday?
- Choosing Domain Names Alphabetically
- Canadian Domains Are More Valuable